Winter parka of optimal length MARCASITE with up to -20 °С level of cold protection. It is based on eco-friendly insulation with three dimensional helical structure and features windproof components. The style is named after the rock mineral Marcasite, a highly valuable mineral when found in vintage jewelry.
- Snorkel hood with wide brim, high neck guard and double depth adjustment system
- Front closure with two-way zipper and windproof placket on snaps
- Elastic inner cuffs
- 2 chest pockets on magnets
- 2 front pockets with double flaps
- Smart pocket for travel cards and ski-passes
- Reflective tape along the back center
- 2 inner pockets
- Mobile phone inner pocket
Dense 2L fabric with cotton-like texture enhanced with sustainable PFC-free high-performance water repellent coating. 100% polyester.
- Waterproofness 15 000 mm H₂O (JIS L 1092:2009)
- Breathability 21 500 g/m² / 24 h (JIS L 1099:2012 method B1)
Eco-friendly breathable insulation Sorona® Aura 200 g/m², high performance polymer made from sugar, a natural byproduct of corn grains. It is 37% plant based, using 30% less energy and emitting 50% less greenhouse gas as compared to the production of nylon from non-renewable resources.
- Sorona® Aura is responsible for the thermal protection in all KRAKATAU jackets and hats that have the "plant based" icon
- Retains warmth with less filling and weight
- Maintains its loft after many washes
The parka is easy to wash but requires delicate care and will last longer if you follow a few rules: machine wash on cold at below 30 °C, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, line dry, iron at low settings, do not dry-clean. You can find detailed washing instructions on the sewn-in care label of your parka. We want our clothes to last as long as possible. If something goes wrong, please contact us on
+31 20 2400 672