Winter parka GAIA with up to -20 °С level of cold protection. It is based on eco-friendly insulation with three dimensional helical structure and features heat contouring™ system consisting of 2 types of eco-friendly insulation for better thermo-retention, a deep hood with high neck guard and quick-release magnetic fasteners. The style is named after the space telescope GAIA that created the most comprehensive map of the Milky Way.
- Deep hood with double adjustment system, wide reinforced brim and high neck guard
- Heat contouring™ system consisting of different types of insulation for better thermo-retention
- Front closure with two-way zipper and windproof placket on magnets
- 2 front zip pockets
- 2 concealed pockets in side seams
- Smart pocket for travel cards and ski-passes
- Reflective tape along the back center
- Inner drawstring waist adjuster
- Elastic inner cuffs
- 2 inner zip pockets
- Mobile phone inner pocket
Soft elastic 3L fabric laminated with membrane, protected with mesh layer and enhanced with sustainable PFC-free high-performance water repellent coating. 100% polyester. The elasticity of this fabric is achieved through the weaving of fibers, without the use of spandex, so that the fabric can be recycled.
- Waterproofness 16 500 mm H₂O (JIS L 1092:2009)
- Breathability 11 000 g/m² / 24 h (JIS L 1099:2012 method B1)
Lining made of 2 types of thermal mesh fabric for better body heat retention.
Eco-friendly breathable insulation Sorona® Aura 200 g/m², high performance polymer made from sugar, a natural byproduct of corn grains. It is 37% plant based, using 30% less energy and emitting 50% less greenhouse gas as compared to the production of nylon from non-renewable resources.
- Sorona® Aura is responsible for the thermal protection in all KRAKATAU jackets and hats that have the "plant based" icon
- Retains warmth with less filling and weight
- Maintains its loft after many washes
CARE INSTRUCTIONThe parka is easy to wash but requires delicate care and will last longer if you follow a few rules: machine wash on cold at below 30°C, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, line dry, iron at low settings, do not dry-clean. You can find detailed washing instructions on the sewn-in care label of your parka. We want our clothes to last as long as possible. If something goes wrong, please contact us on
+31 20 2400 672